Weddings come with the whole notion of setting up the perfect scenario complete with the picture-postcard finish. One important aspect of a wedding would be the attire and costuming involved and how the bride, groom, and everyone else follow a set of unwritten rules when it comes to the same. For instance, most brides would typically choose to wear white and the grooms select to dress up in a tuxedo. However, over the recent years, many people are toning down the seriousness associated with weddings and trying to make it a more casual event. One such trend over the wedding scenario was to introduce the concept of wearing flip-flops instead of dress shoes and heels.
Why opt for wedding flip-flops during ceremonies?
- Flip flops are extremely comfortable to slip on and there is no hassle involved with them. The bride and other guests do not go through the agony of standing up in heels for long periods.
- Wedding flip flops also come in a wide variety of colors and designs that make them perfect for almost any theme or color scheme one might have in their mind. Apart from that flip flops generally cost lesser than expensive formal shoes, so this can help save quite a bit of money as well.
- They make for a fun addition with all the bridesmaids and groomsmen donning them. They can also be customized as per the client’s wish and add a little bit of mirth into the ceremony.
- Flip flops are also very versatile and they provide ample space for the feet to breathe in. when walking down pews and stairs, these flip flops make it easier to move around and avoid getting entangled with hems.
What are some potential drawbacks of these flip-flops?
- If you are planning to get married in a traditional setting, the idea of wearing flip-flops to a chapel might get frowned upon.
- Flip flops might not be comfortable to wear especially if the wedding is held outside amongst grass or during the winter when temperatures drop quite low.
- They do not get along well with all types of wedding themes. Perhaps only a beach wedding would suit these.
- It might also be difficult to get all your bridesmaid and groomsmen to agree to wear these flip flops.
So, if you are planning to buy flip flops in bulk for a wedding go over a few basic factors in mind before taking the plunge. Keep in mind the location of the wedding and how formal you want the event to be. Also, make sure your guests are comfortable with the idea of a casual dress code. There are many flip-flop designs and brands to look for. If you are planning to purchase in bulk try contacting the wholesaler directly as you might get better deals. There are many specialty stores as well that offer a wide range of wedding flip flops and many customization options.